Thursday 8 March 2012

Notes from a small island....

Last week I phoned to book my flight home. 'Would you like a return ticket?' I was asked. 'No,' I said, a huge wave on relief washing over me. No return. I flew back to Bryher knowing I wouldn't be heading back to the mainland until the autumn and it felt fantastic. We've been blessed with a week of beautiful March sunshine. My face is glowing from the hours spent digging in the garden but my body isn't coping as well. My thighs are black and blue with bruises, my legs covered in cuts from gorse attacks and I can't stand up or sit down without a ten minute warm up. But it is paying off as the garden is starting to take shape.....

The first lot of turf arrived from West Cornwall....


And it transformed the garden....

My mum and dad have been up here every moment they can. Look at the end of the garden...that's the sea!

Now it all feels a bit more under control I'm back in the kitchen and will be blogging about more than just making tea...

1 comment:

  1. Wow being so close to the sea what a beautiful setting. All your hard work will be worth it!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete