Saturday 22 May 2010

City eating.....

I'm London on what will probably be the hottest weekend of the year. My sister thinks I'm mad because I want to hit the shops. In the same way I would think she was mad if she came to stay with me and wanted to spend days trawling around town. The sunny weather did make for a spectacular train journey through Cornwall.....






After being met at Paddington I was whisked across London to Herne Hill for a London dinner. I'm not sure if you can even get sumac in Cornwall but it was delicious...very cosmopolitan...

(The recipe comes from Moro East by Sam and Sam Clark)

Roast chicken with sumac, onions and pine nuts (serves 4)....

4 tbsp olive oil
8 chicken pieces
12 spring onions
2 tbsp sumac
50g pine nuts
3 tbsp water


Preheat the oven to 220'c. Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a ovenproof frying pan. Season the chicken and brown then on all sides. Remove from the pan and drain off the fat.

Put the onions in the still hot pan and add half the sumac, the remaining oil and some salt and pepper. Arrange the chicken on top (skin side up) and sprinkle with the pine nuts and sumac. Put the pan over a medium heat for 5 minutes then put it in the oven.

Roast for 15-20 minutes until the chicken is cooked.

Transfer the chicken to s serving plate. Add the water to the onion mix to make a sauce and serve.


It's so much fun being cooked for! We are off to Borough Market today...foodie heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment