Thursday 6 May 2010

Election breakfast part 1.....

I've never been so excited about an election. I'm excited about the hope for the future whichever party gets in. But maybe it's Spring. The hedgerows full of wild flowers.....



The first signs of sweetcorn shoots coming up through the compost. Maybe it's a friend's gift of speckley eggs.



I'll be in work extra early tomorrow morning (4am) as the results start coming through. But there will be a whole team of people working throughout the night. So I've decided to bring them breakfast...a warm breakfast. When I was at school we used to go into town on St Mary's and buy bacon frazzles from the Kavorna. Despite the fact I don't really like pastry I love these.

Bacon Frazzles.......(Serves 12)

1 standard packet puff pastry
5oz/140g Cornish cheddar cheese
6 slices smoked streaky bacon
2 eggs




Preheat the oven to 200'c. On a floured surface chop the pastry up into 12 squares.


Using a floured pin, roll out the pastry into squares.

If your bacon is quite thick thin it out using the back of a knife. Cut it in half and place in the middle of the pastry square on a diagonal. Grate the cheese and sprinkle some over the top.

Pull the two points together and brush with egg.


Put on a greased baking tray and bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.


3 comments:

  1. I must admit I have election fever too - But it must be more exciting if you are in the thick of it at 4am. I would gladly get up at 4am for one of these Bacon Frazzles - they look so good! I have to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely optimism. Lovely breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look really great Issy.

    Must have been a wonderful surprise for your workmates.

    ReplyDelete