Saturday 10 October 2009

Sunshine Saturday...

There are many things I love about autumn....

1) The trees turning browns and oranges. On Scilly you don't really get autumn, summer ends and winter begins. So I get so excited when you start seeing piles of leaves and acorns on the ground.
2) Bonfire night. I love fireworks. And sparklers. And those fake hotdogs.
3) My birthday (5 days to go!)
4) Empty roads.

Now I'm not complaining about tourists coming to Cornwall because frankly everyday I wake up and realise how lovely it is here. But it is hard driving anywhere quickly in August. So there is something wonderful about a hot and sunny October day where you drive to Fowey with hardly a car on the road....then you whizz straight into town and park in the car park. It was a dream.

We wandered through the streets and went to buy a big clock for our kitchen wall. We strolled along the front where visitors ate ice creams and fish and chips....

The boats were packed with people, laughing about given a sunny day on a plate...look at the photos...does this look like August to you?

Then we bought pasties and sat outside the harbourmaster's office dangling our legs over the water watching the fish.

Perfect day. 10/10.

4 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful. We went to Fowey on our honeymoon and sat where you two are stood, eating pasties and dodging low flying, bin raiding, seagulls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does look like a perfect day. Glad to hear I'm not the only one getting excited about autumn. Just love the chilliness and excuse to eat big warming foodstuffs, like pasties! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. We too had a perfect day in Fowey last Saturday, but we swapped the pasty for a slap up lunch at Pinkie Murphies, which has to be one of the most fun cafes around as well as delicious and interesting food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's where I went for my birthday lunch!! I love that place!! That's where I had the beans, bacon and toast...such a brilliant cafe. (I will post the pics soon)

    ReplyDelete