Friday 16 April 2010

Remains for lunch...

I'm wandering around the kitchen barefoot. Opening cupboards. Closing cupboards. Fridge door open. Fridge door closed. I'm having a lunch dilemma. I want something decadent to celebrate the start of the weekend. But there's not much in the cupboards. I contemplate my usual fallback...poached eggs on crumpets. Then I have a better idea.....

Chorizo stuffed mushrooms with a poached egg......(serves 1)




1 and a half field mushrooms
1 tbsp olive oil
100g chorizo sausage
half an onion
1 egg
rocket to finish




Peel one field mushroom and drizzle with olive oil. Put in a preheated 180'c oven. Chop up the chorizo into small pieces (but save two circles). Also chop the onion and the half a mushroom into small pieces. Put the vegetables and chorizo in a pan and fry for a couple of minutes.

Poach an egg in a pan. Top the mushroom with the mushroomy, chorizo mix, the egg and the rocket. Fry the last two circles of chorizo and put on the plate.

It was delicious....

1 comment: