Thursday 12 August 2010

Cheese, potato and minted pea cakes.....

It's Falmouth Week this week. The biggest regatta in the South West. Falmouth has such a lovely atmosphere at the moment. Tomorrow we'll go and watch the fireworks over the harbour.

Last night the Red Arrows came to Falmouth (as did about 30,000 other people). I was completely blown away.

These photos just don't do them justice.

I didn't get home until late so lucky I had fed myself up before leaving the flat.....

Cheese, potato and minted pea cakes......(serves 2)
1lb/450g potatoes peeled
1oz/25g butter
2oz/ 55g cheddar
salt and pepper
1 handful fresh peas (or frozen)
1 handful finely chopped mint
splash of balsamic vinegar
oil for frying
We have a massive orange bucket full of potatoes. Malcolm my allotment neighbour says most people have got blight which will explain where my plants have gone. He said I had about 3 weeks to dig them up so expect a lot of potato recipes.

Boil the peeled potatoes for about 15 minutes until mashable.

Add the butter and mash. Then stir in the cheese. In a pan of boiling water add the peas for 4 minutes.

Drain. Stir through the mint. Put in a bowl and add the vinegar. Add to the cheesey mash.


Mould into little cakes. Fry in a little hot oil or butter.


No comments:

Post a Comment