Thursday 26 August 2010

Crumble Grumble....

Now when I get up in the morning it's dark. There's no sunrise. No joggers. Just me in the dark. And as the earlier morning glow has gone so has my summer craving for salads, fish and barbecues. I want warmth, slow cooking, roast dinners, pork chops. The lovely people at Roddas kindly gave me some clotted cream a while ago and my other half thought Christmas had come when he came home to some crumble..........

Rhubarb and Brazil Nut Crumble (Serves 2 normal people, 1 hungry boy)

5 rhubarb sticks chopped into cubes
a splash of water
2 heaped tbsp demerara sugar
3oz/80g plain flour
1oz/25g porridge oats
2oz/55g demerara sugar
2oz/55g butter
1oz/25g finely chopped brazil nuts

Preheat the oven to 180'c. In a pan over a medium heat put the rhubarb, water and 2 tbsp sugar.

Let it bubble away for about 10 minutes until soft. And set aside in an oven proof dish.

In a bowl put the flour, oats, nuts and sugar. Rub in the butter with your fingers until crumbley. Spoon on top of the fruit.

Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until golden brown.



Serve with some clotted cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment