Monday 7 February 2011

Cornish Catering Challenge....

I love competitions. My whole family does. My mum is one of those people who is quiet and lovely but put her in a quiz and she'll be the first to push a pregnant woman out of the way to answer first. (That actually happened.) I'm entering a lot of them at the moment. Camera competitions mostly so I can start blogging recipes again.

Today it's the Cornish Catering Challenge. Six teams of chefs design a menu and compete against each other to create the best Cornish menu going....

This year Falmouth has got a strong showing (not surprising as the town has so many great restaurants.) Taking part are The Green Lawns, Falmouth Beach, The Pandora at Mylor (last year's winners) Rose-in-Vale near St Agnes, the Coldstreamer at Gulval and the Ferryboat from Helford.

BBC Radio Cornwall's Daphne Skinnard is compering the event and according to his tweets Nathan Outlaw is one of the judges.

Good luck to all the competitors and those tasting the dishes. That's how I'd like to be spending my day! I'll let you know the winner tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment