Tuesday 15 December 2009

Easy does it....

It's your friend's wedding day. What three things are on your mind? 1) What will the bride be wearing? 2) "OMG I haven't wrapped the present yet, where are my shoes??, what do you mean have I ironed your shirt!!" 3) What are the canapes going to be like?

The third can make or break a wedding and I suppose the same stands for a Christmas party. I love canapes. Little bites of loveliness. I've already started stocking my freezer because no one wants a host faffing about in the kitchen, 'glowing' because of having to open the oven every thirty seconds. I want canapes that are quick and easy but guests go home remembering.

This week I'll be making crab cakes to sit in the freezer (once I've been to the farmer's market tomorrow to stock up on crab.) I'll also be freezing blinis and stocking up on everything I need for last minute dips.

But these are my favourites... my former housemate used to make them and they are beautiful. (Sorry about the fuzziness of the picture. I need a new camera so badly...family please note!)

Sausages with mint and honey.......


(Makes 50 this sounds a lot but, I promise you, they won't last!)

1 pkt 5o mini sausages
200g honey
1 handful fresh mint or 2 and a half tsps dried mint

Preheat the oven to 200'c. Mix the honey with the sausages and place in a baking tray. Pop them in the oven for 20 minutes until they are plump. Take out of the oven and leave on the sideboard to cool for 15 mins. Add the finely sliced mint and mix through. Spear with a cocktail stick and eat!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, that sounds so yummy. Sounds like you're being super organised too - I'm most impressed!

    ReplyDelete