Tuesday 22 June 2010

Grill Thrill...

My hair still smells of smoke. I keep getting wafts of it as I sit typing at my desk. It's a constant reminder of last night. There's nothing better than sitting on the beach, digging your toes into the warm sand waiting for your barbecue to warm up. Of course I'm romanticising it. There was a lot of smoke in my face and I managed to drop my grilled halloumi in the sand right at the crucial tasting moment.

But that's the beauty of summer. You constantly are rewriting it. Despite the fact I know that the last two summers have been raining and cold I know I'll still remember it like yesterday. Hot and sunny with my toes buried in the sand eating pork chops with my fingers and not at all sandy halloumi...


Pork Chops with Oregano and Garlic.....(serves 2)

2 large pork chops
1 small garlic bulb
1 handful oregano
1 tbsp sea salt
olive oil
Place the pork chops in a ceramic tray. Slice down the side of the fat vertically so it makes little cubes of fat about 2cm across. Rub with the salt, pushing the salt down into the fat. Crush the garlic roughly with the back of a wooden spoon. Rub over the meat. Rip up the herbs and add them. Pour some olive oil over the top and add the pepper.

Leave to marinate for as long as you like. Head to the beach and light your barbecue. Once the flames have died right down place your chops on top with all the marinade.

Bake for 15 minutes on each side.

Leave to cool for a couple of minutes and eat with your fingers.

3 comments:

  1. Was it you or your Other half in charge of the BBQ Issy? Looks lovely
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rosalie they were blooming yummy! I will definately be making them again. And Alice...other half definately! xxxx

    ReplyDelete