Friday 25 June 2010

License to grill....

I'm on holiday. A week's blissful holiday. And it's the first proper one I think I've ever had in Cornwall. I'm usually rushing off to Scilly or heading up country to see family. We're following the mentality that "west is best" and we're probably heading down to Treen for a camping/surfing trip. (This is about the most westerly photo I have!)

Its likely that we'll be eating from the barbecue one hundred per cent of the time. I saw these fellas at the St Ives Food and Drink Festival.....

They looked yummy but I was overloaded with smoked mackerel and soft fruits. So I decided to make my own.

Herb Burgers.... (makes six small burgers)


1lb/450g minced beef
1 handful fresh thyme leaves
1 handful fresh oregano leaves
1 handful fresh chopped chives
salt and pepper

Put an the ingredients in a bowl and mix through with your hands....


Separate into six and mould into six burger shapes.


Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.

Spray with a little oil and place on a hot barbecue. Barbecue for about 7 minutes on each side or until cooked through (our barbecue was quite small, it might be quicker on a hotter gas barbecue.)


No comments:

Post a Comment