Saturday 19 September 2009

Dips and dancing...

Is it possible to have a Strictly Come Dancing and garlic hangover? If it is, then I've got one. I went over to the girls house in Probus last night to watch the first in the series. We did our usual thing of each bringing a course and last night I was in charge of nibbles.

I decided to make a carrot dip I had made a couple of years ago. Except I couldn't remember how I'd made it...and it had to be low fat.

Carrot Dip:

5 medium carrots
1tbsp olive oil (I used spray oil instead)
1 tub 0% fat greek yoghurt
2 pinches sea salt
2 pinches dried chilli
2 pinches cumin

Peel and chop the carrots.


Boil in a pain of salted water for 2 minutes. Preheat the oven to 200'c. Drain the carrots and put in a baking tray with the oil drizzled over. Roast for 20 minutes.

Pop the carrots in a food processer and blitz until smooth. Add all the other ingredients. Blitz. Serve with chopped vegetables


It was pretty good.

(By the way if if you're wondering about the garlic, I also made a garlic mayo dip with one part mayo, one part low fat yoghurt and 3 garlic cloves....I think that was too many!)

3 comments:

  1. I tried this yesterday and enjoyed it a good deal. I blogged about your recipe at weekendcarnivore.com

    ReplyDelete