Sunday 20 September 2009

Hen do, chocolate shots and scrambled egg...

I love finding new places to go in Cornwall. Yesterday I was on a hen do and we started the day at the Budock Vean Hotel just outside Falmouth. My wardrobe was a bit confused because I've got out my winter clothes only to be confronted by the sun making a late appearance. So gone were the body warmers and Uggs and on came the bikinis. We lay on sun loungers in the hot sunshine.

In between louging in the outside hot tub and being massaged with warm oil, we ate lunch. Pink, fat slices of roast beef with granary bread and burn your mouth horseradish sauce. I wish I had taken a picture....here's one of the hotel instead...


I'm definately going back there. In the evening we moved on to Mali Thai in Falmouth. The food is yummy and it's definately worth a visit....I ate chicken phad thai mali thai.

Then authentic* thai chocolate cake...((* not really)

We drank much pink fizz and the several shots and we all ended up staying at our Hawaiian friend's house at St Day.
This morning she cooked us scrambled egg Hawaiian style. She lightly fried some grated courgette (or zucchini as she calls it), onion and tomates. The scrambled egg through it with some parsley.
We ate it with bacon and toast with key plum jam. So good....


No comments:

Post a Comment