Friday 11 September 2009

A sunset and a barbecue.....

This evening we went to Gwithian....the other half was surfing and I was meant to be taking pictures. Tonight was an all time record...about 3 seconds after this photo I lost sight of him bobbing among the dozens of other surfers out there. So instead of taking pictures I went for a walk...



The seagulls had been kicked out of the water by the surfers....


One of my favourite things about Gwithian is the mussels growing on the rocks....I'm always tempted to pick some and cook them at home but I'm never sure if you are allowed to...


Then we drove to Godrevy to watch the sunset. But my angry stomach wanted to go home. So we abandoned the barbecue and headed back...

I cooked fresh chicken and toasted pittas and served it with fresh salad (including the cucumbers I grew and am very proud of).
I made a yogurt dressing with chopped up mint and other herbs from the garden. It was perfect.






No comments:

Post a Comment